The Divemaster Course is the first step for the diver toward professional levels of PADI. PADI Divemasters and Instructors are the two highly sought for professionalisms in dive industry.
For participating in the Divemaster Course, the diver should fulfill the prerequisites below:
- 18 years old.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver.
- Logged 40 scuba dives.
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months.
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months.
At time of certification, verify the candidate has:
- Logged at least 60 scuba dives including experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Completed EFR Primary and Secondary Care Training within 24 months.
- Read and agreed to the PADI Membership and License Agreements.
Divemaster candidates meet course performance requirements and:
- Complete knowledge development segments including Knowledge Reviews in the PADI Divemaster Manual or through the Divemaster Online, and pass the Divemaster Final Exam.
- Create an Emergency Assistance Plan for a designated dive site.
- Complete water skills exercises.
- Complete a diver rescue assessment.
- Complete the dive skills workshop and assessment.
- Complete practical application skills.
- Complete Divemaster conducted programs workshops.
- Complete practical assessments.
- Meet the professionalism criteria.
Active status Divemaster is authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Assist an instructor during confined and open water training.
- Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or specialty course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers independently. This also includes conducting the PADI Seal Team Aqua Mission: Skin Diver Specialist.
- Conduct the Discover Snorkeling program.
- Conduct the Discover Local Diving experience.
- Conduct the Scuba Review program for certified divers, or for PADI Scuba Divers who are refreshing their skills.
- Conduct the skin diving skills segment of the Open Water Diver course during any confined water dive.
- Accompany certified PADI Scuba Divers on subsequent dives.
- ………………and much much more!!!