GATHER significant experience before become a PADI OPEN WATER INSTRUCTOR!
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have completed the PADI Dive Master or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- You need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Certified diver for six months.
- Logged at least 60 logged dives, documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment and submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level to PADI.
Courses are held all year round!
The timing of the course is planned based on your own schedule. The completion and number of days depend on the participants degree of understanding of theoretical knowledge and performance of practical skills.
**Possibility of private courses.
Seahorse is a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center in Athens, Greece
Assistant Instructor Duties
Teaching status AI are authorized to:
- Present the knowledge development elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the instructor’s indirect Professional Membership supervision. The instructor personally assesses student knowledge development.
- Present initial skills training under the instructor’s direct supervision during confined water dives.
- Conduct open water surface skill evaluations during Open Water Diver course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of an instructor.
- Independently teach the Project AWARE (non diving) Specialty course.
- Independently teach the AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation (non diving) Specialty course.
- Independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or confined water.
- Independently conduct Bubblemaker programs.
- Independently conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions.
- Teach and certify divers in specialty courses that don’t include dives after completing Specialty Instructor Training courses and earning Specialty Instructor ratings for such specialties.