- This event has passed.
PADI Cavern Diver | Specialty Course
December 16, 2019 - December 22, 2019
Who should take this course?
The PADI Cavern Diver specialty course gives you the knowledge and skills to explore caverns correctly – allowing you to enter far enough for adventure, but staying within the light zone for an easy exit to open water.
Caverns exist in many areas where scuba divers venture – from freshwater springs to volcanic island walls and limestone coasts. In these locations you’ll find large, dark spaces that seem incredibly inviting, yet are potentially dangerous.
- Prerequisites for the Cavern Diver specialty course:
- You need to be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- At least 18 years old
- What will you learn?
You’ll complete four scuba dives with the first focused on line handling, reel use and emergency procedures outside a cavern; and the next three dives put your new skills to use inside a cavern.
You’ll also learn about:
- Other specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems.
- Avoiding disorientation and anti-silting techniques.
- Dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management for cavern diving.
Trainer: George Vandoros
Diving Center: Seahorse Dive
Date: 16/12/19 – 22/12/19
Minimum number of students: 2 (two)
Maximum number of students: 6 (six)