If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life…become a PADI Instructor!
- At least 18 years old.
- Certified as a PADI Divemaster.
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Has been a certified diver for 6 months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- You also need to be an EFR Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
Duration: 11 days
Seahorse is a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center in Athens, Greece
Who should take this course?
If you love the ocean, have an obsession for scuba diving and want an extraordinary style of living – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching diving lessons permit you to share your passion of the aquatic world with others while doing
what you like – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals. You get a PADI Instructor rating through demanding work, intense training and personal commitment, but you’re earn a job that offers you the chance to experience unbelievable underwater adventures with others – transforming yourself, transforming their lives.
Successfully completing just the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating.
What will you learn?
Over a minimum of seven days, but usually more like nine, the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety.
Key topics include:
– PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
– Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
– Risk Management and Diver Safety
– The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
– Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
What’s an IE?
An Instructor Examination (IE) is a two-day evaluative program that tests an instructor candidate’s teaching ability, dive theory knowledge, skill level, understanding of the PADI System, and attitude and professionalism.
PADI IEs are standardized and conducted by specially trained PADI Instructor Examiners. The IE location, testing environment and examination sessions are organized to be as objective as possible to fairly and consistently evaluate a candidate’s abilities.
Why Our Instructor Development Course?
- SEAHORSE is a PADI 5 STAR Instructor Development Center.
- We provide quality training, in a professional fun atmosphere.
- Easy access to pool and sea for the practical skills of the IDC course.
- We provide transfer to dive sites, by our minivan.
- Guaranteed participation in IE.
- Free memory stick and workbooks, with intellectual property and training videos, makes your training easier.
- Discounts on Cressi scuba equipment
- Free CRESSI Technician course for repairing and maintaining the regulators as professionals.
- DAN insurance during IDC courses.
- Additional free workshops of diving theory necessary for exams during the IE.
- Our future instructors have the ability to engaged with closed circuit diving (CCR) and Sidemount.
- Support for our future instructors after IE is completed.
- Free 2 Specialties (the PADI fees don’t included).
- Free WIFI access at dive centre.
- One free lunch, coffee and juices.
- Support tuition in English & Greek
- PADI instructor manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planer, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet.
- Adventures In Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet