PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is about Exploration, Excitement and Experiences
- You must be at least 12 years old.
- You must have completed the PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver course
- The maximum depth for adults is 30 metres.
- The maximum depth for children (12-14 years old) is 21 metres.
Minimum duration: 2 days
Courses are held all year round!
The timing of the course is planned based on your own schedule. The completion and number of days depend on the participants degree of understanding of theoretical knowledge and performance of practical skills.
**Possibility of private courses.
Seahorse is a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center in Athens, Greece
When you want to improve your diving skills, enrich diving experiences and dive even deeper, the only thing that you have to do is to participate in Advanced Open Water course, which is consisted of 5 Adventure Dives.
Advanced Open Water Diver
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
What will you learn?
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Structure of Advanced Open Water Course:
- 5 Knowledge Developments, 3 of them are related to the 3 Adventure Dives which the Advanced Diver has chosen and 2 of them are related to Deep Dive and UW Navigation.
- 5 Adventure Open Water Dives (2 of them are Deep Dive and UW Navigation).
The diver should obligatory participate in two specific open water dives:
- UW Navigation Diver
- Deep Diver
And to choose 3 more Adventure Dives from the list below:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- UW Naturalist
- Dry Suit Diver
- Digital UW Photographer
- Altitude Diver
- Night Diver
- EAN Dive
- Boat Diver
- Drift Diver
- Multilevel Diver
- Underwater Videographer
- Underwater Photographer
- UW Propulsion Vehicle Diver (DPV)
- Wreck Diver
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Sidemount Diver
- National Geographic Diver
- AWARE – Fish Identification